TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR HOME BOARDING AND DAY CARE
These terms and conditions apply to the contract between Hills Home Dog Boarding and the Owner to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions
No dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and no hybrids registered under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 can be boarded.
The Owners Undertaking:
The Owner hereby agrees and undertakes with, and warrants to Hills Home Dog Boarding:
- That their pets have not been exposed to rabies or distemper within the period of 30 days prior to this agreement and have been inoculated against distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis, parainfluenza, Bordetella (kennel cough), coronavirus and parvovirus and such inoculations remain effective for the duration of the period the pets are with us. A current vaccination certificate must be brought at the meet and greet or boarding drop along off otherwise we cannot accept your pets. Titre tests will not be accepted. Dogs must be appropriately treated for external and internal parasites, details of treatment administered is to be provided, along with dates of treatment.
- Any dog showing signs of a potentially contagious disease/illness, including kennel cough and stomach upsets, at drop off will be refused boarding.
- To declare any history of veterinary or behavioral problems that could reoccur whilst boarding and draw attention to any problems your pets may have – the more information we have the more settled they will be.
- All dogs over the age of 9 months must be neutered/spayed.
- That there are no other material facts which have not been disclosed to Hills Home Dog Boarding and which, if disclosed, might reasonably be expected to affect the decision of Hills Home Dog Boarding to enter into this agreement.
- That Hills Home Dog Boarding may engage the services of a veterinary surgeon and authorize said veterinary surgeon to carry out any such treatment as required to treat the Owners pets. If your own veterinary surgeon is within a reasonable travelling distance we will endeavor to contact them, however we reserve the right to consult our own veterinary surgeon if this is not possible. Every reasonable attempt will be made to contact the Owner prior to such treatment and all costs will be recoverable from the Owner.
- The Owner will indemnify Hills Home Dog Boarding against all costs, claims and damages arising (either directly or indirectly) from any act by the Owners pets whilst in our care, including damage to carpets and furnishings by defecation or chewing.
- Aggressive behavior towards any animal or human will not be tolerated and alternative boarding arrangements will be made and all costs incurred will be recoverable from the Owner. The Owner will indemnify Hills Home Dog Boarding against all costs, claims and damages arising (either directly or indirectly) from any act by the Owners pets whilst in our care.
- The Owner will collect their pets promptly at the ending of the boarding period and, at that time, pay any outstanding charges incurred during the boarding period.
- All pets should arrive with their own bedding and food for the duration of their stay.
- Any breach by the Owner of the undertakings/warranties contained in this agreement shall entitle Hills Home Dog Boarding to place the Owners pets in boarding kennels at the Owners expense.
Hills Home Dog Boarding’s Undertaking:
- Hills Home Dog Boarding hereby undertakes with the Owner to take reasonable care of the Owners pets during the period of boarding or day care on our premises.
- Hills Home Dog Boarding is insured in accordance with the terms and conditions of its insurance policy. It will not accept any liability for loss, injury or the death of an Owners pets unless (and only to the extent that) such loss, injury or death is recoverable under the terms of our insurance policy.
- To make immediate contact with the Owner, or the Owner’s nominated emergency contact, in the event of any problems associated with your pets stay with us. If the nominated emergency contact cannot be reached or refuses to collect the dog, Hills Home Dog Boarding reserves the right to seek suitable alternative accommodation at the Owners expense.
- Hills Home Dog Boarding will, with Owners consent, administer liquid or solid oral medication should this be required during the boarding period. Injected medication will not be administered.
- In the unlikely event of your pet dying whilst in the care of Hills Home Dog Boarding, it is our policy to store your pets remains in cold storage at a local veterinary centre until your return. Hills Home Dog Boarding will not inform you of the death of your pet whilst you are away, however, if you would like to be informed of your pets death or would like different arrangements made in this unlikely event, please inform Hills Home Dog Boarding in writing prior to bringing your pet for boarding. This cost will be incurred by the Owner.
Charges and Payment:
- Costs are charged per night, per pet boarding. Current nightly charges will be provided on enquiry. Nightly charge equates to a 24 hour period. An additional day care charge may apply in circumstances when the 24 hours is exceeded. Daycare charges relate to a maximum 10 hour period.
- A premium rate of nightly charge plus 20% will be applied to all bookings during the Christmas and New Year period (applicable dates upon application).
- Deposit: A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required for all bookings taken. A 50% non-refundable deposit will be applied to all bookings taken where the premium rate applies. The balance is to be paid at drop off.
For bookings confirmed within 7 days of the boarding period, the full balance is payable at the time of booking.
- Cancellations: Cancellation within 14 days of a confirmed booking will be subject to payment of the full outstanding balance for the cancelled boarding period. Cancellation within 28 days of a confirmed booking within the premium rate period will be subject to payment of the full outstanding balance for the cancelled boarding period. In this situation, an invoice for the outstanding balance will be issued by Hills Home Dog Boarding within 48 hours of the cancellation with payment to be made within 7 days of the invoice date. Dogs unable to attend for boarding due to contagious illness will be classed as a cancellation within the 14 day period and the full outstanding balance will be due. Failure to bring your dog for the boarding period will be classed as a cancellation within the 14 day period and the full outstanding balance will be due.
- Reduced Boarding Period: If your dog is collected before the confirmed end date of the boarding period no refund will be due.
- Daycare is classed as the period between 8am and 6pm
- A premium rate of daycare charge plus 20% will be applied to all bookings during the Christmas and New Year period (applicable dates upon application).
- Cancellations: Cancellation of a confirmed regular daycare space is subject to 28 days notice.
- Non Attendance: If your dog does not attend their regular daycare space for whatever reason, payment is still due in order to hold the space. In the case of non payment Hills Home Dog Boarding cannot guarantee the space will still be available upon your planned return.
- Owners expressly waive and relinquish any claims against Hills Home Dog Boarding except those arising from negligence on the part of Hills Home Dog Boarding
- It is agreed that the Owner will be liable for any damage to property or possessions of Hills Home Dog Boarding caused by their dog, which should be covered the Owners own insurance.
- In accordance with the Control of Dogs Act 1992, all dogs will be provided with an ID tag bearing the name, address and telephone number of Hills Home Dog Boarding which must be worn for the duration of the boarding period
- The Owner gives permission for any media footage of their pet taken by Hills Home Dog Boarding to be used on social media, the official Hills Home Dog Boarding website and any other literature deemed appropriate by Hills Home Dog Boarding for no charge. If you do NOT wish to consent to this please notify Hills Home Dog Boarding in writing at the time of booking.
Owner’s failure to collect:
In the event of failure by the Owner to collect their pets from Hills Home Dog Boarding on the due date unless an extension has been mutually agreed, we reserve the right to rehome the Owners pet by any reasonable means.
Rev edition 04/21